Nuffnang ads

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Internship- marketing trainee at Resorts World Genting

Before
As usual,
a very young and passionate me started to work.
The feeling of nervous in the first day,
i step into the office meeting room
with the guidance from Yee Suang from Genting Berhad HR, my dear senior, thank you.
Then, we are given a form to fill up our personal details.

First person to meet from my department
is Joey, our dear admin mother ^^
She is really fierce, scary, make me think off my mom during my primary school time.
Then Mr Soo who welcomes us as a  trainee and introduce us to the
BIG SISTER- Evon.
She is really friendly and we could see she is very familiar with the whole working place.
She then bring us for fam trip.

After
The start of work here is really not about intern but is about a real project based training.
I first work under domestic marketing, with Evon and Su Hoon.
They are really busy with the newspaper and radio campaign.
I also be their assistant, actively participate into their projects.

After three months, due to some internal manpower changes,
I being transferred to Awana resorts and MICE team.
This is very big change for me
because i need to learn form the beginning.
Here is very stress because my new manager, Susie is very strict
She emphasize on timeline, English and efficiency.
I realize these are all my weakness.
I try hard to overcome it
At last, i get scolded, again and again.

Now
My internship only left four days.
My AVP, Mr Soo talk to me
Really wake me up
Now look back to this six months,
I know i am really too new
And i lost my basic respect to my supervision.
Now i look back
i realize i know a lot.
This is all because of my two supervisors.
Evon who willing to shaare with me her idea, let me brainstorm with her.
Susie who are very strict, make me catch up faster, learn how to multitask and to meet the deadline.

Advice
I am now a senior to the coming new trainee.
What i have done wrongly is
I am not willing to accept the words from others.
Refuse to learn new things.
Careless and dislike to mark down all the items that need to do.
By joining Resorts World Genting,
All the colleague
even top management
will guide you.
This is a very valuable experience because they have told me
How Tanent should be after this.

Now I sincerely pray that
I can stay in National Marketing
because i know this is where i can improve and learn.


I told my colleague Will, my dream is to perform on stage, be a famous performer.
Now i see this, i already feel good.
Thanks for Resorts Living project for putting my picture in.
This little moment, i am proud that i am from Resorts World Genting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can i upload short excerpts of copyrighted content on youtube?Is it supported by fair use provision?
[url=http://bonus365sk.blogspot.com/]bet365 bonus[/url] [url=http://www.freewebs.com/bonusbukk/]bet365[/url]
[url=http://ladbrokes-bonus-2013.blogspot.com/]ladbrokes bonus[/url] [url=http://winwett.com/]bwin bonus[/url]